• Quick English sports car with an original line.
• To be totally restored.
• US Origin (left hand drive).
• First modern MG: “1st of a new line”, to quote the advertising of the time.
The MGA replaced the older MG T-series and represented a radical change of direction from the previous cars. The first version, the MGA 1500, was officially launched at the 1955 Frankfurt Motor Show. In November 1956, the Coupé version was launched, with a line identical to that of the roadster with the hard-top mounted, further characterized by better upholstery, drop down windows and exterior door handles. From 1957, the 1.5-liter engine increased from 68 to 72 hp. The car in this lot is a 1500 cc mk1 model with a single rear light; it is presented in conditions for a demanding restoration, but complete with all its original pieces. The engine, which has stood still for some time, is not blocked, checked, in good used condition and has little wear.