1932 Fiat 522 C Cabriolet Royale (Carrozzerie speciali Fiat)
Chassis no. 522C03845 - Engine no. 122006925
- Mille Miglia eligible.
- As a pre-war vehicle, it has the benefit of positioning early in the starting order.
- Good coefficient (1.60).
- Top level Fiat model.
- One of only four surviving examples.
Certifications and Statements
Registro Fiat (423/16)
Registration and Italian license plates in order.
EligibilityMille Miglia. Eligible. As a prewar, has the plus of positioning early on the starting line. Good (1.60) factor.
Giro di Sicilia. Eligible.
Targa Florio. Eligible.
Goodwood Revival. Eligible
Coppa d’Oro delle Dolomiti. Eligible.
Vernasca Silver Flag. Eligible.
California Mille: Eligible.
Nürburgring Classic. Eligible.
Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. Eligible.Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance. Eligible.
Chantilly Arts & Elegance Richard Mille. Eligible.Concorso d’eleganza Villa D’Este. Eligible.
€ 75.000 - 85.000
Un utente ha offerto
La tua offerta è la più alta
lThe Fiat 522 is a "medium-high" range car produced from 1931 to 1933, descended from the Fiat 520, the forebear of the 6-cylinder Fiat. The 522, presented in 1931 at the IV Salone dell'Auto di Milano, was sold in three different versions, distinguished by different chassis lengths. They were the 522 C (short version), 522 L (long version) and 522 S Sport (sports version), which had a chassis with an intermediate wheelbase between the Fiat 522 C and Fiat 522 L and was presented at the 1932 Geneva Motor Show. The 522 was equipped, a first in Italy, with split-circuit hydraulic brakes and a 4-speed manual gearbox, synchronized in the third and fourth. It had a six-cylinder in-line engine with side valves, 2516 cm³ of displacement, generating 52 hp (65 hp in the S version). The 522L reached a maximum speed of 95 km/h, the “C” version 105 km/h and the “S” 115 km/h. A CSS version was also created, with more elegant finish and an even more powerful engine. The ignition was battery-powered, the car was rear-wheel drive and was sold as a sedan (two and four door), torpedo (four door), cabriolet (two and four door) and coupé (two door). A total of 7,360 vehicles were built (of which 4706 "C", 1922 "L" and 722 "S"). With this car and the Fiat 524 the car manufacturer from Turin inaugurated a new logo, rectangular with a red background and gold letters, used in 1931 and 1932.The Fiat 522 was also successful in racing, although its sporting history is less well known and documented than other cars. A 522 at the 1933 Mille Miglia, driven by Pietro Ferrero and Renzo Monaco, ranked 41st overall.Within the fruitful relationship between Fiat and coachbuilders there is a long but little-known parenthesis, which runs between 1910 and 1931. In those years, a "Reparto Carrozzerie Fiat " could be found in Via Madama Cristina in Turin. Very well equipped, Fiat's Bodywork Department had, naturally, Fiat as its primary customer, but there was no lack of orders from other companies. A world of panel beaters, casting, finishing and, above all, elegant and refined coachwork, with high-sounding names of foreign origin, such as the "Cabriolet Royale". In 1925 the Department was transformed into "Sezione Carrozzerie Speciali" under the direction of Rodolfo Schaeffer, gradually becoming an increasingly organic part of Fiat itself, the "Sezione Carrozzerie Speciali" operating until the early 1960s, produced many famous models such as the 8V and 1100 S.
The Fiat 522 C, chassis no. 522C03845 is an example from 1932. It was made by the Sezione Carrozzerie Speciali Fiat department with a Cabriolet Royale body, a luxury and exclusive convertible version. Around 400 of this type of car were built. Of these, only 4 surviving examples are known. Chassis no. 522C03845 is the only one of the 4 with optional Fergat w wheels. Many other exclusive details of the model and finishes are at a level of the most sought-after ateliers of the period. Photographs are available that document the discovery of the chassis no. 522C03845, complete with mechanics and bodywork in need of a restoration. A total reconstruction was necessary for the precious interiors, rebuilt in hammered leather and also of the wide soft top with its complex structure. The car has its documents in order and up to date and has rare original FI13620 plates. It has special antique accessories such as the exceptional rear combined light, above the plate, the additional adjustable light on the side of the windscreen pillar, the spare wheels on the sides of the two fenders with a canvas cover similar to the soft top and the external hard leather luggage trunk rack. Extremely elegant with its blue two-tone body, a car of great charm and rarity for elegance competitions and a winning choice for regularity races such as the Mille Miglia, where it can boast a good factor.
State of the Art: Partial restoration of the mechanics and bodywork, complete restoration of the interior and roof covering.
- Dante Giacosa, I miei 40 anni di progettazione alla Fiat, Centro Storico Fiat, Torino 2014-Angelo Tito Anselmi, Carrozzeria italiana, cultura e progetto, Alfieri, Italia 1978