1954 Lancia Aurelia B20 GT 2500 berlinetta (Pinin Farina)
Chassis no. B203351 - Engine no. 4004
- Eligible for the Mille Miglia.
- Rare car of the so-called "IV series".
- Safe investment.
- The car comes from Giacomo Tavoletti’s collection.
- Beautifully restored car.
DocumentsRegistration and Italian number plates in order and up to date.Elegibility-Mille Miglia. Elegible.-Giro di Sicilia. Elegible.-Targa Florio. Elegible.-Goodwood Revival. Elegible.-Rallye Monte-Carlo Historic. Elegible-Tour Auto. Elegible.-Le Mans Classic. Elegible.-Coppa d’Oro delle Dolomiti. Elegible.-Vernasca Silver Flag. Elegible.-California Mille: Elegible.-Nürburgring Classic. Elegible.-Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. Elegible.-Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance. Elegible.-Chantilly Arts & Elegance Richard Mille. Elegible.-Concorso d’eleganza Villa D’Este. ElegibleCertifications and Statements
Registration and Italian license plates in order.
EligibilityMille Miglia. Eligible. As a prewar, has the plus of positioning early on the starting line.
Giro di Sicilia. Eligible.
Targa Florio. Eligible.
Goodwood Revival. EligibleRallye Monte-Carlo Historique. ElegibleTour Auto. Elegible.Le Mans Classic.
Coppa d’Oro delle Dolomiti. Eligible.
Vernasca Silver Flag. Eligible.
California Mille: Eligible.
Nürburgring Classic. Eligible.
Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. Eligible.Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance. Eligible.
Chantilly Arts & Elegance Richard Mille. Eligible.Concorso d’eleganza Villa D’Este. Eligible.
€ 135.000 - 155.000
Un utente ha offerto
La tua offerta è la più alta
Lancia’s first post-war car, the revolutionary Aurelia designed by Vittorio Jano appeared in 1950. Its combination of the first V6 production engine, a 60° design developed by Francesco de Virgilio, with a balanced transaxle gearbox and inboard rear brakes were revelations in post-war Europe. The Aurelia Gran Turismo was presented in 1951 as a coupé evolution (type B20) of the B10 saloon with an engine that, finally, was introduced with a displacement at the class limit. This was the result of the new policy imposed throughout the company by Gianni Lancia, who had taken over from his mother in 1947. The Aurelia engine had been increased to 1,991cc in 1951, and this uprated form went into the B20. Lighter and higher geared than the saloon, the B20 offered a top speed of over 160 km/h. Introduced in 1953, the 3rd and subsequent series B20s were powered by a 2,451cc, 118bhp version of the pushrod V6. The shape, designed by Mario Felice Boano and refined and built by Pinin Farina, became an instant classic for its smooth, clean lines and its competition prowess. The car was immediately entered for the 1951 Mille Miglia and three "private" examples, of the four that were registered in the names of their drivers, finished in the first seven places overall and took the first three in class, with Bracco-Maglioli finishing second, beaten only by Villoresi's Ferrari which had over twice the displacement of the Lancia. Bracco, partnered by Lurani, was then 12th overall in the Le Mans 24 Hour after driving his race car to the event from Italy. Lancia prepared seven "Corsa" versions of the car for 1952, six of which registered for the usual "privateers" and took not only 2nd, 3rd and 4th place overall in the Giro di Sicilia, but finished the Mille Miglia in 3rd, 5th, 6th and 8th overall, 1st, 2nd, 3rd in the Targa Florio, 4th, 6th, 8th and 9th in the Coppa d'Oro delle Dolomiti and, equipped with a supercharger, 4th in the Carrera Panamericana.
The Lancia Aurelia B20 GT 2500 berlinetta Pinin Farina, chassis no. B203351 is a beautiful example of the "IV series" from 1954, in pale blue colour with “panno” (cloth) Lancia interiors. The Aurelia B20 appears to have been classified "by series" only in the first two editions with a 2-litre engine, while the production of the 2.5-litre engine has never been officially classified by "series", a subdivision that entered into common use for reasons of greater immediacy. The "IV series", exhibited at the Salone di Torino with the new B12 sedan, as this latter was characterised by the "De Dion" type semi-independent rear axle and for this reason, called "balestrata". Starting with this series, the B20 can also be supplied with left-hand drive. Improvements are made to the engine (bushings and lubrication in particular), and a new carburettor was fitted obtaining the highest power (reached by a standard Aurelia) of 118 hp. The new series comes with "polarised" glasses, with a new steering wheel and black controls instead of cream-white. Rear reverse light is also fitted. It was registered with “Rome” plates in the name of Mario Morpurgo, of an important Roman family of Jewish origin and renown “lancista”, the car received its current “Milan” plates in the 70s, when it was purchased by Giacomo Tavoletti, known in the automotive world as one of the founding members of the Registro Touring Superleggera, responsible for collecting and registering the existing Touring bodied cars. After the death of Eng. Carlo Felice Bianchi Anderloni, to whom Tavoletti dedicated one of his books, he maintained the role of “conservatore” and was president of the Registry, until 2008. Tavoletti, with the "objects" of his incredible collections, founded and financed theCormano’s museo delle Comunicazioni which opened in 2002, near Milan. The museum also contained many cars. It is believed that this vehicle was also on display. In more recent years the car has participated in several re-enactment races, including at least three editions of the Mille Miglia, from 2008 to 2010. It has been completely restored and is in excellent condition, has FIVA fiche and is ASI approved since 1976. It includes many accessories from the era such as the Condor radio. Its original booklet accompanies it. A classic among the classics, an investment, a race winning the car of timeless elegance. A masterpiece of Pinin Farina.
State of the Art: Completely restored.
- Geoffrey Goldberg, Lancia and De Virgilio, At the Center, David Bull Publishing, UK 2014.
- Ferruccio Bernabò, Lancia Aurelia GT,Tutto sui modelli dell’Aurelia, Giorgio Nada Editore, MI 2002.