Please note that the results listed on this page are inclusive of Finarte Buyer's Premium and exclusive of any applicable taxes and costs, unless otherwise noted.
For Italy great variety within two classic regions: Roagna, Gaja, Vietti, Clerico, Grasso, Giacosa with great Barbaresco and Barolo for Piedmont; for Tuscany a wide selection of Brunello Biondi Santi and the most important Supertuscan names such as Sassicaia, Ornellaia and Masseto, Solaia and Tignanello, Pergole Torte. For France, Burgundy dominates with important bottles from Domaine Romanée Conti, Henry Jayer, Coche Dury, Jadot; the selection of Bordeaux and Champagne is very varied.
It is a privilege to be able to draw on the archives of prestigious Italian wineries that make available to the Finarte audience an extraordinary selection of rare bottles, special editions, and vintages that cannot be found on the market:
- Tua Rita with its Redigaffi, a pure Merlot with superlative scores, also offered in the very rare Redigaffi 7 Vecchia Vigna edition;
- Vigneti Massa, with an exciting selection of Timorasso crus with traditional and screw cap, for a unique and stimulating comparison;
- Graziano Prà, another devotee of the screwcap, with beautiful verticals of Amarone, Ripasso and Soave and large formats of his Cru;
- Zenato, presenting beautiful verticals of excellent vintages of Amarone Riserva and Ripassa and an extraordinary edition of Amarone Riserva 2008;
- Franchetti with the Tuscan Trinoro and Palazzi, with great character and originality;
- Montevetrano, with the Campania cult wine of the same name, a unique blend of Cabernet, Merlot and Aglianico presented in beautiful verticals and prestigious formats;
- Galardi with Terra di Lavoro, an iconic wine from Campania, offered vintages with long aging and in three different formats;
- Masi Agricola, famous Amarone company, presents rare verticals of Serego Alighieri and Cru Mazzano and Costasera Contemporary Art in three different vintages
- Tenuta delle Terre Nere, with the two most prestigious Etna crus, Guardiola and Prefilloxera, in magnums of unavailable vintages.
The Spirits section is characterized by important selections of Whisky and Rum: alongside the highly sought-after Macallan Red Ribbon, Over 25 YO and precious 18 YO bottlings there are long ageings of Strathisla, Glenfiddich, Glenfarclas; wide and diversified is the selection of Rum with a very rare Wray & Nephew Private Stock Soffiantino and Damoiseau, Demerara and Caroni.
The auction takes place at Finarte's Milan headquarters, Via Paolo Sarpi 6, and is divided into two rounds: in the morning, 10 a.m. Italian and foreign wines, lots 1-245; in the afternoon, 4 p.m. Wines from Prestigious Italian Wineries, sweet wines, champagnes and spirits, lots up to 494.
Milan / Via Paolo Sarpi, 6
For this auction the Buyer's Premium is equal to 22% of the hammer price.
Thursday 30 November 2023, 3:00 pm - SESSION 2 (Lots 246-494)
Download here the bid form
ExhibitionLOTS CAN BE VIEWED ONLY BY APPOINTMENT
Until 29 November from 10am to 6pm
Milan / Via Paolo Sarpi, 6
For all enquires and appointments:
+39 02 3363801
Fine Wines & Spirits auctions are in collaboration with
Conditions of Sale
The oldest Cantina in Barolo presented in a collection from 1931 to 2014.
This is the extreme synthesis to present the Finarte auction on June 9th, where an extraordinary selection of Barolo Borgogno of over 1,900 bottles will be auctioned, covering the time period 1931-2014 with great completeness: 1931, 1937, 1947, 1952, 1955, 1957, 1958, 1959 and then all the vintages produced without neglecting even one until 2014, with very rare bottles of Barolo Storico Crus and the most recent Crus, which the Farinetti management decided to enhance after the company’s acquisition in 2008.
The bottles, preserved with extreme care, have been viewed one by one by the Borgogno company which guarantees their authenticity and essential conservation requirements.
The collection is offered in lots divided into several large complementary verticals that offer the entire history of 1931-2014, in smaller verticals focused on specific periods and selections of targeted vintages and particular Crus.
The Monographic auction of the Barolo Borgogno 1931-2014 Collection will be preceded by two tasting events dedicated to collectors in Milan and Rome.